Athens Network of Collaborating Experts (ANCE) is a non-governmental, non-profit organisation based in Athens, Greece. It was established in 1996 by a group of Greek experts in international development cooperation and technical assistance and today has succeeded to create an extensive network of collaborators and volunteers for the promotion of sustainable development and the support of vulnerable social groups in the European Union and the developing countries.
ANCE is collaborating with other non-governmental organisations, local development agencies, local authorities, Universities and research centres, and the private sector in Greece and abroad, for:
- combating all kinds of racism, xenophobia, marginalisation and social exclusion and promotion of the protection of human rights
- the support of populations affected by natural disasters and wars
- the support of entrepreneurship and sustainable economic development in areas of Central and Eastern Europe, Asia, Africa and Latin America
- the improvement of women‘s access to the labor market
- organizing campaigns in order to restrict the serious threats to biodiversity and the environment of our planet.
- the promotion of sustainable development and environmental management technologies.
- raising awareness to society about the milestones in the field of sustainability and environmental protection.
- environmental protection and preservation of the cultural heritage.
ANCE is also a member of:
- The Greek National Network of the Anna Lindh Euro-Mediterranean Foundation for the Dialogue between Cultures (ALF) that promotes understanding between cultures and exchanges between civil societies.
- The European Civic Forum (FCE), a transnational network of over 100 associations and NGOs across 27 countries in Europe, which aims to encourage a civic and popular ownership of Europe by facilitating the networking of local, regional and national associative and NGOs actors working in their countries in the field of citizenship education and civics but also by the implementation of common actions aiming at “awakening the European citizen”.
- The Greek Platform for Development that coordinates Greek NGOs performing in the fields of international development cooperation, humanitarian aid and development education.